INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY CENTER
Office: +94 33 2230 719
The ICT Centre is located on the second floor of the Multi-Purpose Building. This is a common centre providing computer facilities and services to students, academic and non-academic staff of the University. The centre consists of a main laboratory and is equipped with 100 computers, servers and other accessories.
The centre is open from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (except during lunch hour) on working days. The centre will be open till 5.15 pm on working days and Saturdays if special request are made.
The staff includes Coordinator of the centre, two Computer Instructors,an Assistant network manager, a Demonstrator,a Technical Officer and a Lab Attendent.
The main services provided by the ICT Centre include:
1. Facilitating all computer lectures and practical related to IT course units of BAMS program and Postgraduate course.
2. Conducting the Computer Literacy Course for undergraduates of the Institute.
3. Conducting special computer training programs and consultation services for academic & non-academic staff of the institute.
4. Providing and maintaining Internet facilities of all the departments and divisions.
5. Maintaining and developing the networks of the institute providing link to the departments and divisions.
6. Providing technical services and consultations to all the departments and divisions.
7. Providing reference services which include books and magazines relating to the field of IT.
Guidelines for using the computer Centre:
1. The facilities of the centre can be used under the direction of the staff of the ICT Centre.
2. Students can obtain permission to use computer for self-training, data analysis, completion of thesis etc. However, these services will be provided only if no other computer training program is being conducted at the centre.
3. Flash Drive, CD's, DVD's should be used only with permission of the staff.
4. All users are requested to follow the instructions given by the ICT Centre.
5. All users are required to make a record of arrival and departure at the attendance record book maintained by the ICT Centre.
6. All inquiries should be directed to Coordinator of the ICT Centre or email@example.com.
Internet & E-mail Facilities
Internet facilities have been obtained through a leased line from LEARN. The facilities can be obtained by any student or a staff member of the Institute. These facilities can be obtained through the Network system of the Institute too.
The official e-mail address of the Institute can be used under special permission of the Director of the Institute or Coordinator/ICT Centre. Personal E mail addresses can be used by any user.